The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trooper 077
Updatier
Updatier
Trooper 077

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review Empty
PostThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

It's finally here! The 5th chapter in the elder scrolls series. But how does it fair against the others? Is it legendary enough to be written in the elder scrolls themselves? Or should this game be casted into the depths of oblivion?

STORY

You start the game as a prisoner, after creating your character you are witness to the dragon known as Alduin destroy an entire town. After you make your escape, The story picks up. After doing a few quests you are sent to kill a dragon where you learn that you are the last dragonborn, and the only one that can defeat Alduin. Compared to the past Elder Scrolls, This feels the most empowering. As you progress throughout the story you feel important to the world around you, and everything up to the last battle supports this in everyway. And yes, you actually do fight a last boss this time around.

GAMEPLAY

Skyrim plays a lot different from the past Elder Scrolls games by a mile. Instead of selecting certain skills you want to profession in, You are given the option to profession in ALL OF THEM. Every single skill starts off at 10. You can upgrade them past this by using the skill more (Wearing heavy armour will increase your Heavy Armour skill, etc). This drives the open-ended world of skyrim home, for there is literally nothing you can't do in a single save file. One second your character can be a battlemage and the next second he can be an assassin! Sticking to the basic, Skyrim's combat has also changed from run up to the enemy and mash on them to thinking about your attacks and planing them carefully. Seriously, You can get your balls rocked by any enemy if you simply run up to them and wail on them. THINK BEFORE YOU DO. Skyrim also adds the ability to create and refine weapons and armour. This feels about 100 times more rewarding than hunting around for a super powered enchanted item. The best factor would have to be the random dragon attacks. Nothing scares the crap out of me more than walking down a road and I hear a dragon roar. It keeps you on the attack 24/7 for they will attack you, and if your not ready, you will die. FAST

GRAPHICS

Skyrim is a game that simply looks breathtaking. Every single enviroment simply looks how it should, even more than that. Some textures look bad when you get close up though. Another major fix in the series. PEOPLE DON'T LOOK SO DAMN UGLY. FINALLY. If I could describe how skyrim looks, It would be a mix of the vibrant land of cyrodyl mixed with the desolate plains of morrowind. They made the game not too bright and not too dark. A perfect combination. However, it does have it's glitches there and there.... PATCH IT

Sound

Whoever created all the sounds for skyrim deserves an award. Everything in skyrim sounds exactly how it should. The dragons roar sounds like it came from a beast, your dragon shouts are a perfect combination of voice and sound effects. Everything just sounds right. NOW, however created the soundtrack deserves a fucking Trophy signed by Mozart himself. The music is something else for this game. There was nothing quite like slaying a drago while a choir chants "Doväkiin" I remember screaming at my TV in excitement.

Replayability

The main quest clocks in around 20 hours. Thats only the main fucking quest. Skyrim will easily take you over 100 hours to complete. You simply can't bored with this game! Its not possible. I bought this today and have barely got a quater through the story!!

In short, Skyrim is the best game to come out in 2011. There is no doubt about it. It not only lived up to the hype, But it set a bar which no year this game could top. Bethesda should feel damn proud about creating this masterpiece. Simple put, Buy this game, Then buy six more copies and give those to your friends.

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review :: Comments

kestrl
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review
Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:07 pm by kestrl
why buy six more copies for your friends when you can have seven copies for your self \
zaktt
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:13 am by zaktt
i don't think you can just simply review a game in one day.... you need to give it time to dig your fingers into it at least 1 week! anyway nice review it sounds like fun but just no the long term kind of fun
Trooper 077
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 am by Trooper 077
Good point Zaktt. I'll re-update this review after a solid week of play. It'll be Called

SUPER THE ELDER SCROLL V: REVIEW!!!
unknownkid36
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am by unknownkid36
I find the kids to be super ugly... like damn. and the random dragons is so sweet I love it. MW
Goonu
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:30 am by Goonu
just sayin', every skill does definitely not start off at 10.
Rhynder
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:06 pm by Rhynder
I've....been....playing....for....4...days...straight.....think.....dying....can't....stop
Impressive
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:09 pm by Impressive
I WANT IT BUT I HAZ NO MONEY.

GODDAMNIT MW3.
kestrl
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 pm by kestrl
oh, just to let you guys know, the mage's collage is at the north end of the map and there is a LOT of good items around that area if you go looking,as well as some dewer (can't spell the dwarves name in these games) ruins around there too
IzkaM
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 pm by IzkaM
Skyrim can suck my dick. Just like Oblivion did. Oblivion had a good sidequest. THAT WAS IT.
Goonu
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:08 pm by Goonu
Izka, you're just pissy that you don't have it Razz
IzkaM
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 am by IzkaM
Erm.. I don't WANT it, Josh.

The only thing I would enjoy would be the bows.

I have Minecraft for that guilty pleasure.
xAceJedix
Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:56 pm by xAceJedix
i dont like that i can only put 1 ring on at a time, how no matter what race you play as you have the same voice so whats the point of being anything else but a nord?, it seems unfair if you havent played oblivion or fallout 3, & how orcs dont really look like orcs just green men with fucked up teeth BUT!!!!!!!! the game is still super fun it may little annoying things & is worth more then 60$
Insertpun
Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 am by Insertpun
Random dragon spawning is sweet most of the time but it can also be hassle when youre trying to do a quest involving interacting with npcs but you can't because theyre to busy attacking a GOD-DAMNED DRAGON!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Page 1 of 1