The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trooper 077
Updatier
Updatier
Trooper 077

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review Empty
PostDeus Ex: Human Revolution Review

The first Deus Ex was amazing, the second one sucked bad, So where does human revolution stand? Does it live up to the hype? Or does it crash and burn? In short, Deus Ex: Human Revolution doesn't set the bar for what a game should be, It obliterates it.

Story

Deus Ex: Human Revolution takes place in the year 2027, You play as Adam Jensen, A security head at Sarif industries, After an unexpected attack on the building that left you mortally wounded and forced to undergo augmentaition to survive, You are sent to find who attacked sarif. The plot seems basic at first, but quickly branches out throughout the game into a thick, full story full of twists.

Gameplay

Deus Ex: Human Revolution might look like a call of duty or halo on the outside, But on the inside you learn its a Tactical RPG Shooter. Deus Ex is very Non-Linier. Meaning there is a handful of paths to get from Point A to Point B. The game is mostly will require you to stealth your way through area's, It does give you an option to go in guns blazing but considering how little ammo you get and how tough the guards are chances are 9/10 you'll get your balls rocked royally.(Seriously, these guys are NOT screwing around, they will kill you fast.) Deus Ex has a cover system that comes extremely handy when placing perfect shots to the head. The cover system is esential in firefights, Not using it will mean you die. End of story. Deus ex's RPG element involves getting a certain amount of XP to get a Priaxis kit to upgrade your augmentaitions. Each augmentaition has it own skill wheither it be breaking through walls, Turning invisible or better hacking skills. Each area in the game is well balanced so you never feel like you were supposed to get a certain augmentaition. Best advice, Slowly bring up all the augmentaitions. It'll give you more of a variety to go through each level. One complaint. The boss fights were long, pointless and STUPID. Luckly their's not that many of them. Everything that you can interact with has a yellow highlight around it, This is helpful for it gives you a sense of guidance, Its one of the things that keep you going through the game, You never feel lost. The game also has a dialog system, say the right thing and you'll get what you want, say the wrong thing, and you'll usually end up taking the long way around. It requires you to think and relate to what you would actually say to the character your talking to.

Sound

This game possiblily has the best sound I have ever heard in a game. The voice acting is good, The gun sounds are great. The soundtrack is incredible and really gives a feeling to every moment of the game. Its a solid sound system that really doesn't fall short. Everything sounds like it should, Which is what a game should do.

Design

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a theme of Future Rennasance, A unique theme, WITH A CRAPTON OF YELLOW. Everything has a stylish yellow tint on it, Which is good, It adds to the futuristic idea of the game. All the characters are designed perfectly. It was fantastic to see a variety in hair styles and clothes instead of bald head jumpsuits. Its a good looking game, And alot of times you'll find yourself sitting back and enjoying your enviroments.

Replayability

The game clocks in around 20 hours, And thats without all of the side quests. The game, IS LONG. After you beat it you'll definately want to come back to it to see all the different ways you can go through an area or do all the side quests. Hell, You'll probably come back to get the achievement that requires you to go throughout the game WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE.

In short, Human Revolution is the best game I have played in 2011 so far. Its a gem that needs to be played and it does something that a game hasn't really made me do in awhile. Slow down, And THINK before you do anything. Its a fantastic game that any game coming out this year has alot to live up to. Its a masterpiece that should be played by all. Pick up the Human Revolution today.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review :: Comments

Testing_Account
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 pm by Testing_Account
Topic Moved! (Also a great review, If I did it I'd spend a paragraph bitching that pissing neon orange on everything doesn't make a game stylistic, but in truth it did an amazing job in depicting a futuristic world)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review

Page 1 of 1