The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

Internet HOGGING RAM *help*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Retundro

Retundro

Internet HOGGING RAM *help* Empty
PostSubject: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 am

So every internet source that I can use (chrome, explorer, steam.....) Has been COMPLETELY om noming at my ram. Just to get here to post this took like 10 min. I was about to just restore one of my system back ups. But I though I could get help first. So PLEASE give me idea's on what it could be. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
<Jayjay>
Inker
Inker
<Jayjay>

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm

How much RAM do you have?
Back to top Go down
Retundro

Retundro

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

3mb
Back to top Go down
<Jayjay>
Inker
Inker
<Jayjay>

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm

I would just try and get an upgrade to at least 1gb depending on what you have ( Laptop, Desktop ) and just try and find a correct type of RAM for your machine and upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Baiten
Admin
Admin
Baiten

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Yeah, I agree with Jay. Be sure to check what motherboard you have before you look into RAM though. It has to be compatible with it.
Back to top Go down
http://justin.tv/baiten
Retundro

Retundro

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Its a laptop...., and I'm pretty sure that everything's integrated. But what happened was I downloaded a game off a disk. Then like 10 min later the computer was retartedly slow. SO later that day, I completely removed everything that had to do with it. So, is there anything that it could of left that is hidden. I also did a full system scan from AVG so I know there's not a virus. Then I also did a full system restore, that brought it up like 50%. Thanks for the help so far.
Back to top Go down
Zieno

Zieno

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

did you buy the game?
Back to top Go down
<Jayjay>
Inker
Inker
<Jayjay>

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

If you have actually 3MB of RAM then your going to run out of space with it very fast, RAM just basically acts as a doorway for data to go through to make it to the motherboard and or chip set or graphics card(s), so yea, less you have the more you will have to restart your computer (to dump the data stored in the RAM) and more laggier programs will be, best way to fix this is look up a way to switch out the stick(s) of RAM in you'r computer currently and replace them with larger capacity ones.
Back to top Go down
Retundro

Retundro

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Ya I bought the game a long time ago. And Now I have everything working. I feel retarted, since my friend IRL told my to remove the catch from Chrome......it works perfectly fine....I feel rertarted. THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH!
Back to top Go down
Kool012
Kool012

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I think you should download more RAM.
Back to top Go down
Retundro

Retundro

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Kool012 wrote:
WTF....
Back to top Go down
Kool012
Kool012

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Retundro wrote:
Kool012 wrote:
WTF....
http://www.downloadmoreram.com/downloading.html
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/download-more-ram
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet HOGGING RAM *help*   Internet HOGGING RAM *help* Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet HOGGING RAM *help*
Page 1 of 1