The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

Toms Computer needs a good beating

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Testing_Account
Admin
Admin
Testing_Account

Toms Computer needs a good beating Empty
PostToms Computer needs a good beating

!!! YOU ARE READING AN OUTDATED POST !!!
At the bottom is the last update
Well, Looks like I might not be able to cast for a little bit. My casting PC has a video card that seems to have given up and died last night whilst blasting through a few episodes of doctor who (the episodes with David Tennant for the "Whovians" of the community).

So with my main PC on hiatus and my backup laptop going through hard drive malfunctions, I am officially computerless. The only way I'll be able to update and tell anyone whats going on is through school computers (what I'm using now), so if anything comes up I'll throw it on the twitter to keep everyone updated.

In the mean time, my first step on my mighty quest for a video card starts with Josh. Josh had offered me a new video card as I had gotten the casting PC in the first place, so with any luck he might still have it and hopefully he might not hate me enough to loan it to me until I can build enough funds for my own.

EDIT
Thanks for the support guys but it looks like it might be a driver problem, May still be that the card is broken but I'm on the VGA built into the mother board (I forgot this even existed). Hopefully I can get this sorted out and fixed very soon.

Worst case is that I'll cast off of the built in VGA, giving me only one screen to work with which will be tough but I've done it before so I'll manage, and cast until I can build enough funds for a real video card.

Also Josh doesn't have the video card anymore so if I need a new one I might beg my dad to scour through biowares email system to find a cheap video card for sale

EDIT AGAIN

Looks like I can't play any of the games on my computer because the built in graphics card is the absolute worst piece of crap I've seen. It can't even run half life 1 properly.

I will still be on some sort of break until I can get a new card for cheap, I'm thinking of getting a duplicate of my old card since the price on them is roughly $80 and for how old it is it might just lower the price a bit.

Alternatively my dad agreed to help hunt down a graphics card with a pci express 2.0 x16 connection type from some friends or co workers. Nothing is set in stone so I'll be looking online for one, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to throw them at mah face.

EDIT EDIT... EDIT

It looks like all hope of casting is gone until I get this new graphics card and with my lack of a job and abismal pay from ad revenue on JTV Josh and a few others convinced me into setting up a paypal donation button to go towards the new card. Please don't donate if you can't afford to or have any doubts in doing so, and to anyone that does, thank you so much for supporting the cast.

SUPRAH EDIT!!
This is an older thread. With the overwhelming support through words and donations I've been able to afford a new graphics card and I'll back on my casting ball soon. If anyone wants to read through the thread for nostalgia or some other reason (I have no clue what or why), I left it up. Thank you to everyone that supported me through the crazy amounts of problems

\

Last edited by Testing_Account on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : More stuff)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/testing_account
Share this post on: reddit

Toms Computer needs a good beating :: Comments

IzkaM
Re: Toms Computer needs a good beating
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm by IzkaM
Josh hating Tom? Since when. Also Tom, that sucks.
Hatred36
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 pm by Hatred36
Tom ask for donations.... you know eeeeerbody will donate to get tom back

Toms Computer needs a good beating Cute%2Bmeme
Anonymous
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm by Guest
Tom, your motherboard should have an integrated gpu and vga port, so you probably could use that. Just dont expect to be able to play any graphically intensive games.
Shortstack5683
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm by Shortstack5683
Tom's computer's broke?!
*hides in the corner in the fetal position until he returns*
Anonymous
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 pm by Guest
As for the laptop, if it's really bad, you can boot a live cd of some linux distro and at LEAST be able to use your laptop for something other than being a rather excessive paperweight.
Anonymous
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:26 pm by Guest
I HAVE GIVEN YOU TWO POSSIBLE TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS, FOR I AM...

IMAYHAVE(UN)BORKEDIT
IzkaM
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 pm by IzkaM
I.See.What.You.Did.There.
DuffChick58
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 pm by DuffChick58
Hatred36 wrote:
Tom ask for donations.... you know eeeeerbody will donate to get tom back

Would you be opposed to this idea? If not, we could start a chipin for you as soon as you agree. Better yet, add it yourself to the bottom of your channel -only your hardcore fans come to your channel even when youre not casting lol and you already know thats like over 100. Consider it, Tom. Smile We, the unsanity community, insist.
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 pm by Zara_kiki
Indeed. I'm willing to donate all that's in my Paypal right now. Which is about $200. :3 And as for video cards..Perhaps a GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi)? Unless your 480 Watt power supply can't handle it. ;Þ
Testing_Account
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm by Testing_Account
Thanks for the support guys but it looks like it might be a driver problem, May still be that the card is broken but I'm on the VGA built into the mother board (I forgot this even existed). Hopefully I can get this sorted out and fixed very soon. Worst case is that I'll cast off of the built in VGA, giving me only one screen to work with which will be tough but I've done it before so I'll manage, and cast until I can build enough funds for a real video card.
Anonymous
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am by Guest
YAY you found the vga port. If it is a driver problem, then a safemode boot and driver reinstall should be easy enough. While you're at it, clean the dust out of your case (if you already haven't).
Anonymous
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 am by Guest
Also, casting with one screen isn't your main concern. It will be trying to cast off of the integrated gpu. The only thing those are good for is running... well, ncurses. I remember when i tried to play HL Lost Coast with an integrated gpu and an old single core Sempron (which you could by for $32). Can you say one frame per second?
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:06 am by darkcheese
I'm with zara. I'll donate what i have on my paypal as well. but i only have five bucks x_x
NaquadriaX
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm by NaquadriaX
I'd also donate to help fund new computer parts for you Tom
fLaNN
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 pm by fLaNN
I keep throwing money at my screen but Tom no take ;_;

wtb chip-in Sad
Hatred36
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 pm by Hatred36
Toms Computer needs a good beating X-all-the-things
Anonymous
Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 am by Guest
I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO.

I feel better now.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 pm by silentz_
ok lets all chip in and buy tom a new computer MW
SquareKiteGaming
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 am by SquareKiteGaming
Well your onboard graphics processor might be less useful than a potato for running garmes, but what about this plan:

Step 1: Xbox
Step: EZCap
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!!!!!1
Testing_Account
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm by Testing_Account
SquareKiteGaming wrote:
Well your onboard graphics processor might be less useful than a potato for running garmes, but what about this plan:

I miss mah easy cap :c
Zieno
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 pm by Zieno
Tom I have a "Extra" Video card, Well technically I'm doing SLI 570's but I might be able to send you one, that is if your Power supply can handle it.
SquareKiteGaming
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:47 pm by SquareKiteGaming
Testing_Account wrote:
SquareKiteGaming wrote:

I miss mah easy cap :c

Well you know, I have one... if you'd be willing to go back to the dark ages until your comp is back. This could even mean.... MORE XBOX GARMES!!!!1 Well meow I'm just being optimistic.
DuffChick58
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:38 am by DuffChick58
Hey guys, Tom and James are on Joshs channel right now if any of you are interested: www.twitch.tv/goonu
DuffChick58
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 pm by DuffChick58
Tom has assured us that he will be casting on his own channel tomorrow for sure. There is a slight possibility he'll be casting tonight as well.

Toms Computer needs a good beating

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next