The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

[UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

[UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:10 pm

For those who like to make gifs out of things like Tom's stream, I have a nice little tool for you. I made this a while back for getting screenshots to make gifs out of. It takes screenshots at a given interval, say 100ms, or every tenth of a second. It then saves them in a folder as 1.png, 2.png, etc. From then its easy to make gifs with Photoshop or Gimp or whatever OR if you select to before capturing. It's not hard to figure out. NOTE: If you take fullscreenshots (which you can), be aware that it will take a large amount of cpu and disk writing to keep up, if it does keep up. Don't if you don't have to.

mediafire.com/?a22rl0sogus7s82
(Personally I dislike most file hosting, but mediafire is really one of the best ones out there.)

If I get a question like 'cool but how do i run this pls help thx', I won't help you because you're an imbecile.

IT HAS BEEN UPDATED.

INSTRUCTIONS/README DAMN IT:

1. Run the jar or run file. Doesn't matter.
2. Select a place to save the screenshots. It will make a folder for them.
3. Select your timing options. 1000 = 1 second. It's also how the delay between frames for the gif, if you should make one.
4. Select screen dimensions. PROTIP: Press [ for the TOP LEFT corner of the capture, and ] for the BOTTOM RIGHT capture.
5. Select if you want to make a gif out if the capture.
6. Hit start. Hit stop when you want to stop capturing.
6.1 If you selected make a gif, it will then do that.
7. Enjoy your screenshots (and maybe gif).

If it doesn't seem to be working right, use the run file to launch it, try it, and post any output it gives you. More features will be coming soon, such as transparency options, the option to create gifs of previously taken captures, etc. Everything should work the way it is, but if it doesn't, again, post or PM me.

[UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 Index

Last edited by TheDoctorWhom on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I just record then use gifninja and it turns it into a gif file Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Well that's nice and all, if you want to limit yourself to four seconds. If I'm not mistaken, you can also give gifninja a zip file with numbered pictures to turn into a gif.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Limit to four seconds, in what way? I use it all the time, in fact all the gifs in my sig are made from Gifninja Kappa
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Last time I checked (which is quite a while a go), gifninja only let you upload four second movie clips to convert. I'm actually looking up how to make animated gifs with Java now, so I'll try and add that to the program in a couple days. I'll have to redo the entire GUI though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

First post updated with the updated program. Also bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0   [UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

[UPDATED] Auto screenshot taker/gif maker Alpha 2.0
Page 1 of 1