The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)

Go down 
+5
IzkaM
zaktt
beastlydude11
RunsWithKniefs
Zieno
9 posters

Should we do this?
Yes
Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) I_vote10100%Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) I_vote11
 100% [ 15 ]
No
Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) I_vote100%Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) I_vote11
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Zieno

Zieno

Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) Empty
PostSubject: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm

So even in my new house it seems someone found it and stole all my diamonds. Now I am indeed a Mod I can spawn it all back, BUT I got those diamonds without spawning them, now the deal here is, I'm sick of people who go into my house and steal my shit I have a list of suspects, And I will be carefully watching everyone on the list, If I suspect you of being a troll, I will contact you and tell you my reasons, that will be your warning now if you continue I will talk about it with Beau and he will ultimately decide your fate. I strongly suggest that we are a bit more harsh on those 1 posters that try to get into the server. As you may have seen 80% of all applications are people with a post count of 1. Most of them never came back to the forum. I suggest that everyone who isn't already on the server with 1 post is automatically rejected. And that only at the post count of 10+ may you be taken seriously on applications, that is unless you have donated.

I know this may seem harsh but I am sick of this and something needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithKniefs

RunsWithKniefs

Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm

I support this because, even though i have not so many valuable items, i still have to take time to get all my iron, redstone, etc. and i have them in blocks that i keep in the open and i always worry if someone will steal them or not, and in my tunnel i have some things i didnt dig out cause i dont need the materials at the moment and i also worryt hat someone will just walk down my tunnel and just mine out all the diamond and redstone...
Back to top Go down
beastlydude11

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 pm

I completely support this, but the only problem with this is that the forum will end up with spam everywhere
Back to top Go down
Zieno

Zieno

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 am

Yes of course but the people who spam will be denied access. Its fairly easy to track.
Back to top Go down
zaktt

zaktt

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:24 am

yea this indeed a great idea
i think the qualifications should be this

- 1 month or more on the forum

-10-50 post or more(in-case they just don't visit the forum much)

-10 rep points or more

-can be identified by 2 or more people[optional] (seen posting on the forums by 2 or more people)

if you qualify for these you can post an application
Back to top Go down
IzkaM

IzkaM

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 am

Yes, quality posts, not spam posts, not pulling up old posts like old Welcome threads and such.

At least 15 posts.

As Zak said, perhaps a recommendation or identification. However these 2 people must be of a certain post count, and at least be known for something.

Back to top Go down
kestrl

kestrl

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not going to vote, i agree with this but you got to think of the people who didn't only recently join for the minecraft server. i join before all this and now it seems that i won't get a fair chance because of trolls making accounts to apply. i am not as active on the forums as i am with watching casts so my post count isn't high, this would mean now that to even get the chance for my application to be looked at i would have to go and be active on the forum for a few days even though i check them as much as i can, i joined before all this and now it seems that i won't have a fair chance.
Back to top Go down
IzkaM

IzkaM

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Well then, why don't we also take join date into consideration? kestrl joined on 7-15-11, and the server apps started when.... 8-1-11?
Back to top Go down
cooldude5955

cooldude5955

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Even though I may have a low post count I completely agree with this
Back to top Go down
Baiten
Admin
Admin
Baiten

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 am

This is good. I've been waiting for you guys to come up with the application criteria for the server.

There's a huge reason why I didn't make up the criteria myself.

1. I could have messed it up and put something you guys wouldn't have thought acceptable.
2. This way you guys are helping decide who gets onto the server based on how well you or other people in the community know them.
3. This helps to weed out any further issues on the server.

There are a few problems that I see with this criteria however.

If we look at applications and the person has had their account for over a month, that doesn't necessarily mean that they have been active on it. There is a way to check, but it is a long process and a pain in the ass for myself since I'm the only one working with the forum here. For me, it doesn't matter if they can't be active enough on the forum or if they're not really a forum person. If they can't come to the forum because they're busy in Tom's channel or other, then I don't feel safe with them being on the server. If Tom or other people know them from chat, that's great, but unless I somewhat know them, they don't have a chance of getting in. Those people that are only on Tom's chat have a solution though: Sign up on the forum, and stick around a while to get to know people; then I can consider their application.

10-20 posts on the forum is VERY easy to accumulate, so I would say setting the bar a bit higher at about 50 as a minimum. This way we get to know them a little bit beforehand and we can sort of know what the person is like.

Rep points are a HUGE no as to information. Knowing this forum and some of the people on it, most people's rep will be trolled, as it has in the past. So reputation points are a no go.

As for 2 or more people identifying someone, that's a no as well because that means I've never seen them before.

With a bit of refining with this criteria, we can put it into action and then start looking at applications the right way. But this counts on you, the community, to take a look at what I've said, and either add onto it, exempt some things, or accept what I already have there. I won't interfere much with this since it is your guys' server.

Those of you who are on the server and aren't regulars or I haven't seen you much on the forum, casts, or elsewhere, this could be bad for you, especially since there has been a small bit of griefing going on. We will be keeping an eye out for those of you who like to "sneak around" and once we find you, goodluck enjoying anything with us. If we don't find you, then once this criteria is set, everyone that I don't really know on the server is getting off the whitelist.

So, everybody that is whitelisted and is on the server, let me know of ANY suspicious activity, otherwise all of you could be gone.
Back to top Go down
http://justin.tv/baiten
Zieno

Zieno

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 am

I think Beau has a good idea going here. We as a community are in charge of the server, and who is on it or who is not. I think We need to look into what would be fair for the next few days and iron out all the problems with the standard to get into the server, The greifing hasnt been as bad as the first server but it could very easily escalate from theifing, to destroying entire buildings.

I'll get a thread up when I wake up in the morning. And you guys and tell me what needs to be changed.

Back to top Go down
kestrl

kestrl

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Zieno wrote:
I think Beau has a good idea going here. We as a community are in charge of the server, and who is on it or who is not. I think We need to look into what would be fair for the next few days and iron out all the problems with the standard to get into the server, The greifing hasnt been as bad as the first server but it could very easily escalate from theifing, to destroying entire buildings.

I'll get a thread up when I wake up in the morning. And you guys and tell me what needs to be changed.

sounds like a good plan zeino
Back to top Go down
unknownkid36

unknownkid36

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

I dunno if posts should be a indication of activity, i have 21 posts (this being the 21) and i am pretty sure most of you know me from l4d2 and being active in the casts. i lurk the fourms almost everyday, but never post since i usually dont have something too meaningfull to say.
Back to top Go down
zaktt

zaktt

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:56 am

me too but ive been here for awhile... that's why i qualify
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)   Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute) Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning applications and the poeple on the server (read if you have a minute)
Page 1 of 1