The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Unsanity

Help Duffchick

Go down 
+11
kestrl
nedia
Htial
Orkin
Retundro
Chietan_SparkZ
Baiten
IzkaM
RunsWithKniefs
DuffChick58
leonx8
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leonx8
leonx8

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:33 am

You know that amazing animator and artist our very own Duffchick well she needs your help Please please click this link and vote her video Great minds taste alike http://209.104.71.11/teletoon3/night.php?language=en&func=php|%2Fcontests%2F2011_01_pilot%2Fvideo_ph3.php|0&xVar=3-pilotProject-2011-24-En please help her out and her awesomeness im sure she will post more details here
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Vote For Zombies   Help Duffchick EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey Everyone

So like Leon said, I'm in desperate need of some help.

Currently I am one of the five finalists for the Teletoon Night Pilot Project and if I win, I get $10,000 (which will go straight to my student loan debt lol) and a trip to Ottawa, Ontario to attend the Television Animation Conference (TAC) and Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) from Sept 21 - 25.

At these two events I will have to present my film, discuss the creative process in front of an audience and panel made up of industry professionals who will in turn provide me with feedback and advice on the project. I will also be presented an award and have my film showcased at a screening before I participate in a moderated Q&A session.

All of which is terrifying for someone who is not exactly comfortable with public speaking lol. This is a HUGE opportunity and I'd be an idiot for backing down because I'm uncomfortable talking in front of crowds, right?

Anyway all these big speeches, Q&As, Pitch bibles, screenings, everything that means nothing to you etc will make my life a million times easier because not only does it open doors for me in the animation industry, but Id be meeting super influential people and get the chance to start my own animated series on Teletoon. The purpose of all these functions I would be attending would be to refine my series pitch until its neat and tidy and as best as it can be before I take it to a studio to be made.

I hope all of this makes sense... ANYWAY

This is where you, the Unsanity community, come in.

I know its a lot to ask but I hope that you could take a moment of your time every day from now til August 28th to give my video vote on every computer around you.
I would REALLY appreciate the help with votes and if you could spread the word as well that would be even better.
Remember you can vote once a day per IP address as long as you're in Canada. I believe this includes cellphones with internet so go ahead and try to vote from there as well.

Every vote brings me closer and closer to winning and I would LOVE the chance to bring a new TV show to Teletoon for you and your friends/family to enjoy.

Vote everyday (by clicking on the purple text that says "This video is a finalist! Vote for it here!" at this location: http://tinyurl.com/3klyz24 and when all 5 finalist videos are seen, be sure to click on my film "Great Minds Taste Alike"

Thanks so much for your time and SUPER THANKS for your votes.

Sheryl/Duffy

PS
Sorry about the 'tiny url' but as you can see in Leons post, the link is ridiculously huge.[b]

Last edited by DuffChick58 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://svedamani.deviantart.com
RunsWithKniefs

RunsWithKniefs

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 pm

VOTED!
But, if im not in Canada thats a problem? =(
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 pm

RunsWithKniefs wrote:
VOTED!
But, if im not in Canada thats a problem? =(

I believe its only Canadians... unless you saw the number go up, maybe its not :S
Back to top Go down
IzkaM

IzkaM

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:17 pm

You had 160, then I thumped up, and it changed to 161, I believe American's do count towards it. Also.. Mother and Sister FTW

EDIT: Well I'm a goddamned idiot, voting is not thumbing up.
I did however end up voting, but after looking at most of these.. o.o Are any of these REALLY supposed to be pilots? Honestly... Terrorist Legos? Random dancing graffiti with absolutely NO story? Random ass game of get the ball with a metal robot? A KITTEN ASSEMLY LINE WITH HORRIBLE ASS ANIMATION? FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE >_>.

Duff, I'm going to assume where your going with this is a show with every episode being a new situation. It did take me a while to realize this however, so most of the comments which say its bad are probably not thinking on it.
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 am

IzkaM wrote:
You had 160, then I thumped up, and it changed to 161, I believe American's do count towards it. Also.. Mother and Sister FTW

EDIT: Well I'm a goddamned idiot, voting is not thumbing up.
I did however end up voting, but after looking at most of these.. o.o Are any of these REALLY supposed to be pilots? Honestly... Terrorist Legos? Random dancing graffiti with absolutely NO story? Random ass game of get the ball with a metal robot? A KITTEN ASSEMLY LINE WITH HORRIBLE ASS ANIMATION? FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE >_>.

Duff, I'm going to assume where your going with this is a show with every episode being a new situation. It did take me a while to realize this however, so most of the comments which say its bad are probably not thinking on it.

lol Yeah you sort of have to look beyond the pilot to see if there's potential to start a series. The 'random dancing graffiti' is actually done by a friend/classmate of mine but he doubts he'll win and hes fine with that because we both posted our films only for the publicity on the side and didnt expect it to go anywhere and then BAM we're selected to be Finalists.

Im not really a big fan of any of the other finalist films 'cept maybe the Lego Terrorist one. I think that has potential to be better. I only worry that they might have a hard time keeping the audience interested for full 11 or 22 minute episodes instead of quick 2-3 min shorts.

Youre right to assume that my show (if made) will have every episode being a different situation. I really wanna explore not just zombies but nerd stuff in general. Lots of references to popular movies/games/memes etc. while you grow closer to the main characters... because, lets face it, if you dont like the characters, you dont wanna put the time into watch it. Right? lol

Im redoing the character designs and backgrounds and really revamping this pitch so you'll get the same (but better) humor but get to have an eyegasm every time you watch an episode.

and yes im just going to really push that voting means you need to click on the purple text (located next to the thumbs up symbol) here http://tinyurl.com/3klyz24

Thanks again for the votes, guys MW
Back to top Go down
Baiten
Admin
Admin
Baiten

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:17 am

You should make an episode with Tom, Josh, and myself in it. Kappa
Back to top Go down
http://justin.tv/baiten
Chietan_SparkZ

Chietan_SparkZ

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

Baiten wrote:
The illustrated adventures The Unsane, the Insane and Josh BLAAAARRRRGG
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Chietan_SparkZ wrote:
Baiten wrote:
The illustrated adventures The Unsane, the Insane and Josh BLAAAARRRRGG

I lol'd Smile
But judging by the title and the conversations ive heard on skype calls on cast and my limited knowledge on animation... Im going to assume that the best animated piece for that would probably be a bunch of quick 30sec - 3min shorts as opposed to full 11min/22min episodes.

lol I'd love to do something along the lines of this though. Ive toyed with the idea of maybe doing some test lipsync animations to some voice clips from the cast but cant seem to find the right type of audio clip just yet.
Back to top Go down
Retundro

Retundro

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm

I hope you all know that if Duff wins this it might change her life.
Back to top Go down
IzkaM

IzkaM

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Im not sure if Duff wants you guys to do it, but there is a way to spam that you like it.

Hit thumbs up, then hit 'This video is a finalist, vote for it here', click 'Vote for this video' Under Duff's video, then hit 'Watch Video' and repeat the process.

Each time you do this, she will get 2 likes. So if you do this 20 times, thats 40 likes.
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Im not sure if multiple votes actually work, just because in the rules it says 1 vote per day per IP address. The thumbs up however can be fudged and you can send a million thumbs up just by flipping back n forth between my page and he browse page. That being said, I dont believe the thumbs up actually do anything to help me. The votes are what are important but whatever, knock yourselves out and spam the like button if you want.
Thank you again to everyone in the community who are voting and spreading the word about my film. You guys are AMAZING. <3
Back to top Go down
Orkin

Orkin

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:25 am

Voted every time I saw you post it. Which is every day since I watch the stream every day. <3 Thanks a ton for everything.
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:43 am

Orkin wrote:
Voted every time I saw you post it. Which is every day since I watch the stream every day. <3 Thanks a ton for everything.

Thanks for voting and glad you like the ID Smile
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:03 am

Just a reminder to all of you that I still need all of you to continue voting for my film every day even while Tom is off on his vacation.
Thank you for all the help, guys MW
Back to top Go down
Htial

Htial

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:43 pm

I've been trying my best to remember to vote everyday Smile
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:13 am

Keep voting guys and spread the word, theres only 9 more days left til the voting period is over O___O
Back to top Go down
nedia

nedia

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Gotta say your animating skills are awsome! And I voted, hope you win
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you so much, nedia

and seriously whoever left that super wicked comment on my video (it doesnt say who but im assuming their from the unsanity community? possibly?) is a sweetheart. seriously. <3 you guys and its awesome knowing that my 3 (or has it been 4?) years here on JTV have lead to such awesome friends and support. you guys are the best!

PS less than a week left for voting, so keep it up guys MW
Back to top Go down
leonx8
leonx8

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Duff even though i had no electricity i found a way to vote for your video so i hope you win duff im rooting for you :3
Back to top Go down
kestrl

kestrl

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 pm

DUFF i just realized that the voting ends the day before my birthday!! my birthday wish: you win the contest >: D.
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 am

SPREAD THE WORD.

Today is the LAST DAT TO VOTE. I know, crazy right?

Vote for Great Minds Taste Alike at http://tinyurl.com/4x7xcdy ONE LAST TIME, everyone MW
Back to top Go down
DuffChick58
Pleasantry
Pleasantry
DuffChick58

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 am

Thank You EVERYONE for all the support you've given and all the votes and sharing youve done.
Seriously I never would have gotten this far without you guys MW
If I win I will be receiving a call by Sept 2nd (this Friday)... if not then We'll all be hearing about who won on Sept 18 on the Teletoon site.
Either way, I just wanted to really stress to you guys just how thankful I am to be involved in such a wicked gaming community. Honestly <3 So glad I stumbled across Toms channel back when he was playing (I think) Half Life 1 lol about 6 months ago...
You guys rock my pantaloons Razz
Back to top Go down
Baiten
Admin
Admin
Baiten

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Lmao! This makes me really glad I created a forum, even though it's free and pretty shitty as far as customization goes. XD

Glad that we could build up a community that is generous enough to help out one another.

Good luck, Duff. Hope to hear good news soon!
Back to top Go down
http://justin.tv/baiten
Chietan_SparkZ

Chietan_SparkZ

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

If she doesnt win....
I'm gonna burn kittens... so she better win CPKill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Duffchick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Duffchick   Help Duffchick Empty