The Tilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeNewsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar
    Affiliates
    Unsanity

Screen Capturing

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    ohno21212

ohno21212

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey all. I have been using Xsplit to capture and record my videos for youtube but i realize that soon it will begin costing money, and possibly even have a subscription service. My question: are there other free screencap programs that i can use reliably to make videos with? i have tried many so far and none but xsplit seem to work.
    Back to top Go down
    zaktt

zaktt

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:16 pm

last hope = manycam
    Back to top Go down
    ohno21212

ohno21212

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm

how about if i want to pay? is Fraps the best choice? Also can i record my desktop with fraps?
    Back to top Go down
    ohno21212

ohno21212

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

also manycam is not a screencapture program lol
    Back to top Go down
    IzkaM

IzkaM

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Ohno, if you would like to pay, I hear Dxtory is a very good fraps alternative, and is not AS heavy on the Cpu.

It costs 40$ I believe
    Back to top Go down
    Ollee

Ollee

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 am

Id offer my assistance here, however I am not up to date on screen capture of the software variety. I know of X-split(The only one I have used), however, I hardware capture my second(gaming computer) because I had the money to invest in my setup(keyword: 'had'), and don't software capture very much.

I have not had contact with Fraps since it way back when it was pretty much the only way to capture screen.

That being said, as to X-split, Dxtory, Fraps and such, It seems that X-split is still the best available. Personally it is worth the potential purchase to me, if it is something you use every day(but then again, I bought Wirecast). Dxtory apparently has some issues with writing(the way it goes about storing the data to your HDD) that if you are recording too high of quality(too high is going to be dependent of your motherboard and versions of (S)ATA). Honestly, as it stands, unless someone can provide another option, I'd say pay for X-split/Fraps or suffer, as I am a supporter of legal use of software and the rights within those bounds.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.team9000.net
    Sponsored content

Screen Capturing Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Screen Capturing   Screen Capturing Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen Capturing
    Page 1 of 1